Thursday, April 5, 2012

Doily & Burlap Mason Jar Tealights

By popular demand, I'm re-posting this reader/crafter favorite - the mason jar luminary.  While I'm still working to recover the original post on Sparkle & Hay (sadly, it was in that last years worth of posts that are still garbled/lost in cyberspace) I thought I'd give a little re-tutorial for you here.  Such a sweet, & super simple little decor craft - perfect for wedding/shower/home!


All you need is:
Glass jars
Adhesive spray (like Elmer’s Craft Bond)
Doilies
Burlap
Twine, buttons, and/or ribbon



Full tutorial details can be found right here on Crafts by Amanda!

***

10 comments:

  1. Love your blog :) new follower! my blog is actually hosted on tumblr, but I'd love for you to check it out :) Hope you had a good easter!
    -Holly
    http://lemonparfait.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful!

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you have such few viewers?! I LOVE your blog! New follower here!

    - Jillian
    paperalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was one of my fave posts you had! I cannot believe your blog got hacked! That makes me sad! I can't even imagine the frustration and the patience it must take to recover everything! :-( I hope you have a wonderful weekend though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ideas and great work! Your blog is lovely! I do street style but an also passionate about interior design:)
    Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! Im going to use fake candles bc my venue wont allow real candles.

    question: did you doilie both sides or just one side...can't decide what to do! I'm not crafy, suggestions? help form those who have tried this would be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These jars would go perfectly well for a shabby chic themed bridal shower! we absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool idea. I till actually suit this DIY we saw on http://www.weddingfriends.co.za It's called English Kitchen Tea: http://www.weddingfriends.co.za/english-kitchen-tea-free-printable/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'm just wondering what happened to the printed candle tutorial, I'm planning to make those for a friend... Could you repost that if possible or send me the tutorial? My email is hallie.perlman@kinkaid.org
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete