Friday, March 23, 2012

Strawberries

You always hear stories about women starting to crave foods that they never liked before while they're expecting... I did not think this would be the case for me; until this past week.  I have become OBSESSED with strawberries; and judging by the amount of squirmy kicks I'm getting, the little one is too.  I didn't dislike them 6 months ago, per say, but I definitely didn't love them enough to each them by the overflowing pint (on a daily basis).  Thankfully, with the warm weather coming the produce section at the market is now overflowing with them; a perfect springtime treat. A few of my favorite ways...


Plain! Rinse & Eat - you can't beat it!


Almost equally as much, I love them dipped in yogurt!


that being said, I'm dying to try to make these!


& these!


 As a healthy lunch...


or a perfect brunch treat...


& for those of you who can partake in such yumminess...



& lest I forget about the little girl who is the cause of my sudden love of strawberries...


I can already picture her little diapered bum in this adorable cover-me-up!

Have a wonderful weekend & if you have anything strawberry please think of me - I'll be sending you a "cheers" with berry in hand.

p.s. I just realized I didn't include a strawberry smoothie in my list... also one of my top favorites, but after a quick look around the web I realize they don't seem to photograph that well. I'll leave you to picture it in your mind! xo

***

6 comments:

  1. Aw, this post is adorable! Enjoy those strawberries, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, you're just the cutest. What a great craving to have and strawberries are so versatile! Mmmm, now I'm craving them. Have a great weekend, love! And tell Baby Sparkle I can't wait to meet her xxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this post...get ready my dear as your little one will crave them after...Mine was watermelon! Happy weekend Miss Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love strawberries.. this was an amazing piece of sunshine to my grey day.

    ReplyDelete