Thursday, February 16, 2012

Luminous, Elizabeth

I'll be completely honest... I'm not a huge coffee table book kind of gal.  You're much more apt to find a small fan-out of magazines (a mix of current & some old favorites) on my table, but very occasionally, a specialty book will catch my eye & may take over that prized table space.  The Luminous Portrait, famed photographer Elizabeth Messina's first book, is one such book.  Knowing all of the awe-inspiring gorgeousness that her blog, Kiss the Groom, brings, I can only imagine all of the beauty that awaits us in her book.  My pre-order?  Done.


p.s. I just can't help myself but to add that if you haven't done it yet, you must go & create your own "kissing tree" on her blog.  It was one of the first things I did when Dan & I became engaged back in 2009 & holds a special place in my heart.




***

3 comments:

  1. So exciting!!! I can't wait to see this book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks like a fabulous book & I am not engaged but wondering what this kissing tree is so I'm going to have to go check it out! Looks super cute! Anyway, have a fabulous rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thanks so much for sharing about this. I have admired the photographs Elizabeth takes for Twigs & Honey. I love how she manages to capture the light so beautifully. Definitely going to add this book to my collection.

    ReplyDelete